He will however spend the next three months volunteering for the front-line conservation projects in South Africa, Tanzania, Namibia and Botswana.
As an Army officer, Prince Harry qualified as an Apache Aircraft Commander and most recently undertook an attachment with the Australian Defence Force.
Confirming the news, the palace rep said: "After more than a decade of full-time military service Prince Harry has today ended his career with the Army.
"The prince has had a fulfilling military career and considers it a huge honour to have served his country in the Armed Forces."
The Royal said: "I did it because since I was a kid I enjoyed wearing the combats, I enjoyed running around with a rifle, jumping in a ditch and living in the rain, and stuff.
"But then when I grew up, it became more than that, it became an opportunity for me to escape the limelight.
"I've had an epic 10 years, I've had great fun. The Army keep giving me great jobs, and I can never thank them enough for that."
During his time in the Army, Prince Harry had two tours in Afghanistan.
Harry, who was know in the Army as Captain Wales, was away on leave for his last day in the forces but will return to hold a formal farewell meeting with his commanding officer later in the year.
